- LED Lighting
- Prism Original Series
- LED Flexible Strip Lighting
- LED Display Arm Lights
- LED Light Panels & Signage
- LED Light Stands
- LED Down Lights
- LED Cabinet Lights
- LED Rigid Strip Lights
- Programmable Lighting
- LED Aluminium Profile Extrusion
- Connectors & Cabling
- LED Lamps
- LED Controllers
- High Bay LED Lighting
- LED Accessories
- Power Supplies
- More Lighting Options
- Lovo™ LED Series
- Commercial Lighting
- DMX LED Lighting
- Battery Solutions
- What We Do
- Who We Are
What is the longest run length of LED Flexible Strip Lighting?
Tuesday, January 15th, 2019
This is a question our lighting experts get often. Here’s our answer…
The longest run of LED strip in a continuous strip will depend on the voltage of the LED strip. The longest continuous run will be either 16ft (5 metres), 23ft (7 metres), 32ft (10 metres), 50ft (20 metres), 65ft (20 meters) or 164ft (50 meters). You should not exceed these lengths as the LED strip will suffer a voltage drop and the brightness of the LEDs will not be constant along the strip.
Here’s a quick reference guide for you to follow:
- 12V DC LED strip longest length is 16ft (5 metres).
- 24V DC LED strip longest length is 32ft (10 metres).
- 24V Constant Current (CC) LED Strip is 65ft (20 meters).
- 120V LED Strip maximum length is 164ft (50 meters).
- 24V RGB & RGBW maximum run lengths are 23ft (7 metres).
- 24V RGBCC & RGBWCC maximum run lengths are 50ft (20 metres).
If your project requires LED Flexible Strip Lighting, contact us to help you choose the right amount of lighting you need for your project.