Join the Prism family and together we can make great things happen!
The Prism Lighting Group™ is an award-winning leader in innovative lighting solutions designed specifically to help our clients excel in the Specialty Lighting industry. With unique designs, comprehensive catalogues and expert deployment strategies, custom illumination is our specialty. Our dedicated team of professionals has decades of lighting experience which allows us to offer on-site or remote expertise and logistical support to help our customers standout through collaborative planning, design, fabrication, and installation.
DMX Lighting Technician
Job Location: Brampton, ON
Job Type: Sub-contractor
Do you specialize in unique lighting for special effects? As a sub-contract position, you’ll serve as a Lighting Programmer as an integral part of our installations team. This role will provide field installation across an array of commercial DMX programmable lighting projects and custom DMX applications. You’ll have an opportunity to create lighting for unique projects large and small. Come join our team, you’ll be glad to be here.
- Have 3-5 years of general experience in related high-end commercial DMX Programming and installations.
- Self-starter who likes to work independently, as a team member, and as a team leader.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and passport may need to travel to USA.
- Exceptional communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Enjoy travel and fluid work hours based upon project schedules.
- Have a love of learning, and keeping up with industry standards, methods, and innovations.
- Have an eye for design and detail
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and able to meet deadlines
- Mid-Adv level programming of RGB/RGBW color changing utilizing Madrix systems or Zigbee protocols.
- Setting up dimmers & analyzing lighting layouts, install & hookups.
- Addressing Networking/DMX systems for automated and LED fixtures.
- Ability to perform and track general service on lighting gear and restocking expendables.
- Ability to discern intensity and color while creating appropriate lighting designs.
- Knowledge of lighting installations.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- 3-5 years of lighting design/technology experience in theater, TV, and/or tradeshow /event.
- Emphasis placed on experience with unique exhibit/tradeshow integrations and retail applications.
- Pixel Mapping and DLP programming.
- Design lighting for events including drafting plots using CAD
Apply in Confidence
Submit an application (resume and cover) by email to HR@PrismLightingGroup.com. Please reference “DMX Lighting Technician ” in your subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest in this position. However, only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
The PRISM Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace.