Job Location: Brampton, ON
Job Type: Full-Time
- have computerized project estimating experience
- are able to interpret lighting layout, CAD or 3D project drawings for cabinet, display or exhibit
- understand the importance of customer service excellence and you excel at positive interactions with clients and colleagues
- organized and able to manage simultaneously quotes
- are motivated by the opportunity to join a small, yet rapidly growing, dynamic company
If you checked all five above, the Prism Lighting Group has an exciting career opportunity for you!
Within this position, you will be responsible for providing timely and accurate estimates of lighting projects.
Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure project details are clear and concise throughout the planning, coordination, review, verification, and analysis of all aspects of quote and estimate preparation
- Complete MTO (Material Take Off) and recounts
- Prepare project quotes that are accurate and meet project requirements
- Coordinate multiple quotes simultaneously with Sales & Estimating team
- Complete work on time, accurately, within budget, and in full compliance with all job specifications and project plans
- Organize and schedule projects with customers
- Communicate with site install team
- Reconcile change orders and time & material with billing
- Assess all aspects of job progress
- Prepare project cost reports
- Communicate effectively with customers, consultants, co-workers, management, vendors and suppliers
- Develop strong reliable working relationships
These responsibilities are carried out independently and as part of a strong collaborative cross-functional team and, as with all other positions at Prism, with a customer service excellence mindset.
- Undergraduate degree or College Diploma in Electrical Engineering, Design or Architectural Technology
- A combination of education and experience in construction, lighting design, or lighting industry.
- Driver’s License and Dependable Transportation
- Professional References
- Computerized Estimating: 2 years
- Project Estimating: 1 year
- Project Management: 1 year
- CAD Drawings (reading): 1 year
- SAGE 50, QuickBooks or any ERP System: 1 year
- MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook: 5 years
- CRM: 1 year
- Sales: 1 year (nice to have)
- English (required)
- French (nice to have)
Apply in Confidence
Apply (resume and cover) by email to hr@PrismLightingGroup.com. Please reference “Project Estimator Position” in your subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest in this position. However, only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
The PRISM Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace.