Join the Prism family and together we can make great things happen!
Accounting / Office Manager
Prism Lighting Group™ is an award-winning leader in innovative lighting solutions designed specifically to help our clients excel in the Exhibit, Tradeshow, Event & Retail Display Industries. In support of our continued growth throughout North America, Prism is looking for an Accounting / Office Manager to join our dedicated team of professionals in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
As a key member of our Operations team, you will strive to ensure the financial and administrative success of the company. As such, you will be responsible for all accounting functions including accounts receivable, accounts payable, journal entries, financial statement preparation, financial reporting, and cash flow management. You will also be responsible for a wide variety of administrative tasks including general correspondence, communicating with clients, managing the company’s electronic filing system, and supporting the Executive Management team.
Areas of Responsibilities – Accounting
- General accounting using a computerized bookkeeping system (SAGE 50).
- Develop and manage annual budgets.
- Prepare client invoices and collect outstanding accounts receivable from clients.
- Prepare cheques, bank deposits, payroll and monthly bank reconciliation.
- Conduct internal audit of accounts as required.
- Process monthly expense reports.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial statements.
- Cash flow management and analysis.
- Liaise with outsourced payroll company (in the US).
- Complete and submit tax remittance forms, workers’ compensation forms, pension contribution forms and other government documents.
- Prepare government funding claim reports.
- Create procedures for budget preparation, help departments develop budgets, and investigate actual costs incurred compared to the budget.
- Collect and analyze data to determine costs of business activities such as raw material purchases, inventory and labour.
- Calculate variances and report significant issues to the Executive Management team.
- Prepare reports specifying factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Generate financial research and analysis as required for management decision making.
- Uphold best practices and ensure compliance with established policies, practices, procedures and government/legal requirements.
- Develop, update and implement financial and administrative policies and procedures as required.
- Other duties as required.
Areas of Responsibilities – Administration
- Provide general support to Executive Management.
- Create executive letters, memos, reports, and presentations.
- Develop and manage schedules, including travel arrangements, conference calls and special events.
- Take minutes at meetings and disseminating them to attendees.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Generate and maintaining follow-up files, confidential files, personnel files, and reports.
- Maintain up to date supply inventories.
- Develop policies and procedures for company-wide filing system (both electronic and paper-based), including financial and accounting records.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or a related field.
- Actively pursuing an accounting designation such as CA, CGA, CMA, or CPA (student or finalist).
- Minimum 7-10 years recent related experience, with at least 5 years of managerial experience in finance and administration.
- Working knowledge of GAAP, the Income Tax Act, and the Canada Business Corporations Act (CBCA).
- Work experience in general accounting and general ledger account reconciliation and analysis, preferably in the electrical/lighting industry.
- Experience with corporate reporting requirements for CRA.
- Excellent MS Word, Excel, and accounting software (preferably Simply Accounting/Sage 50).
- Demonstrated ability to deal with complex situations and information.
- Interact effectively with employees, management, suppliers, and legal/government agencies.
- High level of professionalism, discretion, and diplomacy.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Excellent phone and customer service skills.
Is this position a good fit for you?
To express interest in this opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com indicating the position title and ad number AOM0704-CB in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you! We will begin screening on July 7, 2017.
The Prism Lighting Group™ is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace.
We’re Looking for Distributors!
Expand your business by adding new and innovative lighting solutions to your product line.
We’re a rapidly growing, award-winning Canadian manufacturer with a global footprint and looking to expand our distributor network across the USA. Our award-winning technology will complement your products, help to boost sales and make you stand out from the competition.
Prism Lighting Group™ offers a great return on investment with marketing support, competitive sales % and incentive pricing. Prism has demonstrated genuinely strong user appeal and a track record of introducing new, innovative, and award-winning products to the market.
Joining our already established network of Distributors, you will be a supplier, producer, or builder of displays with industry experience, an existing customer base and a line of complementary products in the Retail Environments, Trade Show & Exhibit or Lighting & Supplies industries.
Please send inquiries to HR@tradeshowlights.com